This week's Friday Five:
1. What's your favorite vacation spot? Of the places I've been, probably the north shore of Lake Superior. Duluth and points further north along the lake (Schroeder, Grand Marais . . . ). Especially fond of Lamb's Resort (I've been going there since I was a year old when my folks first took me up there) and Superior Shores (a more recent discovery, I've never actually stayed there).
2. Where do you consider to be the biggest hell-hole on earth? South Sioux City, Nebraska. Okay, that's not fair. It's just the one place, of the places I've lived, that I liked the least. Wasn't all that bad.
3. What would be your dream vacation? I could really use a week or two of vacation up on the North Shore. Or in Hawaii. Or down in Florida for spring training. Those are the first things that spring to mind. Or in Sioux Falls, South Dakota (I really haven't spent any amount of time there since I moved away, and I miss the place). I haven't given the whole "dream vacation" thing a ton of thought. Well, I guess I've always kinda had the desire to show a friend or three around some of my favorite places either up north or in South Dakota.
4. If you could go on a road-trip with anyone, who would it be and why? Karen Cooper. Because she's hilarious and cool and we've already had plenty of fun road trips together. Though there are other folks I've had enjoyable road trips with or I can imagine I'd have fun road-tripping with, she's the obvious choice. Or was I supposed to pick someone fictional or far fetched? Oops.
5. What are your plans for this weekend? Going to help a friend host a room party at an area science fiction convention (Minn-stf/Minicon party @ MarsCon). So will be commuting to that con this weekend.
Oh someone else from the wintery tundra, how neat. I guess this is in regard to the post below, but I thought you may not see my comment if I posted there:
OMG I am totally in love with james lileks! PS don't tell my husband that. (His name is James too, how ironic).
Anyhow I thought it was cool to find someone from MN, and someone who knew who James Lileks was. I think your site is absolutely gorgeous.
(Found your link on the friday five site, by the way).
Posted by: davette at March 1, 2002 05:25 PM
"2. Where do you consider to be the biggest hell-hole on earth? South Sioux City, Nebraska"
I was truly ROFL after I saw that!!!!!! But why confine it to just South Sioux City...I think Sioux City in general pretty much works!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"3. What would be your dream vacation? .. Or in Sioux Falls, South Dakota ...."
Laurel what have you been smoking!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Posted by: Paul at March 14, 2002 02:24 PM