24 facts . . .
It's amusing to read about stuff that circulated through a zillion weblogs many months back. I missed my chance to post 24 useless facts about myself at the same time everyone else was posting 24 useless facts about themselves. Oh, well. I've always been something of a nonconformist anyway (there's a fact!)
1. I'm twenty-nine years old (in theory, at least).
2. I'm of Norwegian and German descent.
3. I have blonde hair, green eyes (that sometimes seem more blue or hazel), and I'm extremely fair-skinned, I sunburn super-easily (to put it mildly).
4. I live in a suburb of Minneapolis in an apartment with two mutant cats.
5. Preferred drinks? Cold cold water, Good Earth iced tea, orange juice, Brisk Iced Tea, Dr. Pepper, vanilla coke, cherry coke (but only if made from "scratch"), vanilla frappucinos. I'm fond of Bailey's irish creme, some hard ciders, cosmopolitans, Mike's Hard Lemonade (the Canadian vodka-based version), white russians, and various frou-frou drinks. (To be honest, I don't drink very often).
6. I'm a systems administrator at Colorhouse, a graphic prepress shop.
7. I drive a 1988 Chevy Astro minivan; I didn't pick out the vehicle, it was a gift, of sorts, after my previous car blew up. It's got 180,000 miles on it (most of which weren't put on it by me).
8. I'm not a programmer, though I'm pretty good at modifying existing perl scripts and I've been known to write shell scripts.
9. I have an "innie."
11. I almost always wear black shoes or boots, most of which are made by Aerosoles. I wear Teva sandles in the summertime sometimes. I've my eye on some cool Campers, though. And it's well past time I replaced the Docs I had (and lost) ages ago. It's extremely rare that I wear anything with high heels. 1-inch boot heel? Yes. Anything else? Unlikely. I tend to wear and wear and wear the same pair or couple of pairs of shoes.
12. I don't have any tattoos. Nor any piercings. Many moons ago a doctor warned me that I'm prone to forming extra scar tissue and that piercings and tattoos probably wouldn't work on me (and no, I don't think my parents bribed the doc). Plus: I'm a wimp when it comes to needles.
13. I tend to assume I'm wrong. Except when I know I'm right (then there's no use in trying to change my mind).
14. I don't wear boxers or briefs, but can't bring myself to say "panties" 'cuz that sounds silly. Actually, I have a few pairs of flannel boxer shorts that I wear around the house, but I'm not sure they count.
15. I have a Palm III that I got ages ago and I just recently purchased a Palm IIIxe. I very much want a Palm Vx. And I like gadgets. Also have a Cybiko. And a cell phone.
16. I don't know from deepleap.
17. I don't really care for popcorn, though if someone else buys popcorn at a movie, I'll usually eat a little of it.
18. I'm too shy to say who I think is "wicked sexy" even when they're famous people I'll probably never meet. D'oh.
19. I like it when it's dark outside (or inside). So long as I've the technology to make light if I need to.
20. I admire the music of a lot of people, including Richard Thompson, John Wesley Harding, Neil Finn/Crowded House/et al, Greg Brown, Peter Gabriel, and plenty of others too numerous to list. I'm a music.junkie.
21. I don't like coffee, but I've learned to like lattes and frappucinos and such coffee drinks so long as there's a lot of steamed milk and other flavorings involved. I do like coffee ice cream.
22. I believe there are a few "stupid questions," but most of the time I like answering questions (regardless of whether they're stupid). Not so good at asking questions, sometimes.
23. I need to get a haircut. But I'm not sure if I want to try and grow it out long again or if I want to have it cropped chin-length (or so) again. I'm indecisive.
24. I tend to type and say "gr00by" instead of "groovy".
HERE I'VE GO...
Posted by: SCOOTER at August 12, 2003 01:38 PM
I'M INTO HIGH-HEELS...ONLY IF YOU LADY'S
ARE WAERING THEME.
I'VE DON'T LIKE PEOPLE WHO ARE MEAN,RODE.
I'M A BIG FAN PAUL MCcARTNEY FAN,
AND WWE FAN. IF YOU EVER GET TO AKRON
YOU MUST SEE THE INDIANS GAME OR THE AKRON EROES.
WHY DON'T YOU LIKE TO WEAR HIGH-HEELS?
WHEN I'VE WAS LITTLE I'VE FEEL HEAD OVER HEELS FOR THEME AND DON'T KNOW WHY?
HERE IS WHAT I'VE LIKE...PIZZA,HOT-DOG,
ZEROBARS,AND BEN AND JERRY ICE-CREAM.
BROWN HAIR,5'2,OCTOBER16,1971,BROWN EYES,
WORK AT ACME18 13 YEARS.
LOVE TO WORK ON THE COMPUTER AND WORKING ON ALL
DO YOU HAVE WONE, ALL SEND YOU WONE OF MIND.
SEE YOU LATER...SCOOTER